DIRECTIONS TO US
For arrivals from Frankfurt airport, there
are several options for you.
Knopftours Airport Shuttle
Pre-arrange your arrival/departure with us and we can come to pick you up with our shuttle bus. We offer single and group shuttle service directly to and from our location in Heidelberg. Enjoy a stress-free transport of all your luggage and riding gear to our facility with a short ride on the German Autobahn (including explanation of basic rules and signs). The price difference between taking the train and using our personal shuttle service is not that much.
Please send us a copy of your flight itinerary/schedule by email for the exact fee. It is very helpful to provide us with a cellphone number that you will have with you. For more information about booking your arrival in Frankfurt with our shuttle bus check out the info page of the Airport Shuttle.
Train from Frankfurt Airport
Take the train to Heidelberg. There is a train station within Frankfurt Airport, Terminal One Upper level. Go to the counter/ticket machine and follow these steps:
- Book a ticket to "Heidelberg Kirchheim/Rohrbach" (this is the station nearest to us)
- From there you take a train to the station "Mannheim Hbf"
- Change to the S4 train (can also be S2 or S3 depending on when you arrive at Mannheim) heading towards Bruchsal.
- Exit at Heidelberg Kirchheim/Rohrbach (important: Do not exit the train in Heidelberg main train station but one station further south (1 minute more).
- Walk to our location 3 blocks south on Hardtstraße (East side of train tracks). We recommend this option only if you have a flexible time schedule. The train can experience delay or even total cancellation, which leaves you with the cost and a possible missed connection. Also carrying your luggage up and downstairs to the train platforms and catching the connecting trains with only a short window can be very draining after a long flight or when on the way home with a long flight ahead.